Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bah humbug

Nothing like trying to do some routine errands on an otherwise uneventful random Tuesday afternoon in December to bring out my holiday spirit. However, in my case, "holiday spirit" refers to growing amounts of frustration and increasing periods of shouting at other drivers, giving people the finger, and loudly reminding people in the post office that the line started back there and they just cut in front of me. Yes, I'm that person, the person who hates the Blue Angels, and grumbles throughout the holiday season. I'm the big wet blanket, the wet weekend in Bournemouth, whichever expression you choose. Because you should have been telling those people who you are buying unnecessary, overpriced, underused gifts for that you think they're swell throughout the year, but you waited until December because Hallmark and the Temples of Consumer Greed (i.e. malls) tell you to.

Anyway, I'm a scosh on the crabby side today, something that I hope a jacket potato with tuna and corn, a movie about crossword puzzles, and some knitting will sort out. I think I'm just a bit down over the death of Elizabeth I. Okay, so I know it was in 1603, but I just watched Helen Mirren's portrayal of it last night, and it was terribly moving and well-done, so I'm just a bit down.

And also, nothing like some holiday traffic and stupid drivers to make me feel like throwing on an abaya and checking out of Western society for several months. Did I mention my latest job opportunity? I'm sort of keeping it mum until things become more certain, but I'm sure I'm already at the top of several government lists for my recent google searches alone. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Ha! Yeah there's nothing like the Christmas rush, traffic, advertising, and general insanity of trying to get 20 people the "perfect gift" to make you want to turn into a complete hermit.

Anonymous said...

Scrooge was right ....

Anonymous said...

So....will a 'Happy Holiday' wish help or hurt?

rosebuttons said...

When I'm not being such a crab, I'll admit, I do like a bit of twinkley lights and the surprise card from someone :)