Monday, December 18, 2006

A very Buttons holiday

Greetings from my favorite holiday getaway, Bellingham! Since my actual xmas weekend will consist of 60 hours of taking care of sickies, I'm spending a few days up here with my wee family. Not wee as in Roloff wee (dude, I love those guys!), but wee as in just me, mum, and dad. Well, and three small dogs. But anyway. So far it's been lovely, and we are "celebrating" in true Buttons family fashion. There is a wee tree, Norfolk pine, with a few wee gifts underneath. Our holiday meal tonight was Japanese, following by a driving Tour of Lights with appropriate "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" and lots of excitement over the dancing Santa. The slowly moving electric light-up reindeer, also appropriately creepy for the holidays, were our second favorites. Then we all curled up under blankets with a couch and a dog apiece, and watched Sense and Sensibility while mum did her crossword, I knit, and dad read the latest New Yorker. With our cups of tea and biscuits, of course. Tomorrow perhaps we will open some gifts and then head off to a matinee. Ahh, good times.

I promise to show you photos of this years' woolie gifts and the warm and toasty recipients, as soon as pressies are opened tomorrow!

No comments: