Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Moooosic

I'm becoming more and more nocturnal, which isn't really a problem, unless I want to be awake during the day. Which I occasionally do, since most of my friends continue this "awake during the day" thing and I do like to see them. I have no trouble falling asleep at night, but then I wake up at 4:00am and can't get back to sleep. So, like last night, I lie in bed for a while, get annoyed, and finally get up. I make a cup of tea, watch a movie, knit a bit, then go back to bed around 7:00. Last night I couldn't even fall back asleep at 7, so I took a Benadryl and didn't see the light of day till around 2:00pm. Phew. Perhaps tonight I'll take the Magic Pink Pill a bit earlier.

I need music! I'm trying to make a new playlist for the gym, but I'm tired of all my music and need new stuff. I haven't heard anything lately that tickled me, so I need suggestions! I have an iTunes gift card just itching to be used, but for the life of me, cannot figure out what I want. So...what should I buy?

Tomorrow I'm going out for a burrito and maybe a margarita or two (depending on how interesting I want my date to be ;) ) with D, the fellow who I only had a drink with a few weeks ago but not dinner so I was really hungry then he got the flu last week so we had to cancel the burrito thing, so we're doing it tomorrow. He's the one with the 9-yr-old son. The son isn't coming along, obviously. Just mentioning that. But I have plans on Saturday with someone entirely different, and now I'm sort of more excited about that. I will not give any info until Sunday however. Just in case. Don't want to junx this one. Oh well. Can't go wrong with a burrito, so whatever.

Yay! I'm going to see the Atlantic Ocean before I'm 30! So will the wee short doggies. Now I just have to get a fun new camera to take to Cannon Beach...

Day off again tomorrow...my ever glamorous life will be filled with laundry, scrubbing the bathroom, going to the gym, and knitting. Oh, and burrito with D. I'm a little nervous about it being by first time at the gym. (Hee...were you worried how that sentence would end, considering the lead-in? Hah! Beware the non-sequitors...) Last time I went to a new gym by myself, I had a really hard time on the elliptical machine, and just hated it. Couldn't figure out why everyone else seemed to really like it, because it kicked my ass hard. Three days later however, someone was kind enough to show that me that I had been doing it backwards. So yes, while I may be able to solve a New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle, I happen to be a bit, uhm, special when it comes to physical fitness. Hey, I hated gym class. Guess this is payback. But, I have my new gym shoes, so I can do this. Right, Corky?

No comments: