Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So sorry!

Have you missed me? I am a horribly neglectful bloggie friend.

First, it's official, I've given notice at Old Job and accepted New Job. So good-bye oncology ICU, hello pediatric ICU! I'm so super excited and scared to death and a bit sad and a lot nervous. But overall, it feels like the right thing and the right time to be doing this.

I have ten shifts left at Old Job, and suddenly last night decided it might be nice to hop over to Europe in between jobs, to treat myself and rest and rejuvenate my spirit, etc. So I'm attempting to get my start date moved back by a week, which would give me 12 days off. I'm leaning towards a brief but juicy tour of Budapest and Prague, although Amsterdam and Paris is a close second. But I've always wanted to go to Glasgow and tour the art and architecture of Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Plus the Scots are just awesome people. Then there's always the idea of just flying into London or Manchester, renting a car, and spending a week touring cold drafty castles during the day and sitting in warm toasty pubs with E at night, eating a lot of fish and chips and laughing our arses off at Dawson's Creek. Any ideas/suggestions? Of course this is all dependent on getting my start date moved and scraping together a small pile of cash...

Boys and dates in general, super lame. I'm tired of all the weirdos. And metrosexuals? You all need your own dating website. Or least you must identify yourself as such on your profiles. Because nothing makes me want to flee the restaurant faster then seeing you and the hair-with-product in it and your casual-yet-expensive jacket and your twitchy too-small hands. Somehow, not attractive. Give me mismatched flannel and endearingly out of place hair, along with big man hands, any day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I actually prefer the metrosexuals to the "scruffbuckets", what I call NWer men. Guess it's cuz I'm from out-of-state. I like big hands, too. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Rome if you get to Europe! Simply awesome!

Good luck on the new J-O-B!

Anonymous said...

Rome, baby! It's simply AWESOME!

Good luck on the new J-O-B!