Saturday, October 28, 2006

All in a day's....

Today started out not to good but at least it ended well...

I woke up around 9 with a horrible migraine, after dreaming that I was having a headache for probably a few hours. So I took my magic little pill, which chased away the headache but left me sleepy and drugged when I finally woke up around noon. I spent the next few hours on the phone with credit union people and bill people, getting increasingly frustrating answers and no helpful information. I battled homecoming traffic to the hospital to have my TB test read (good news: I don't have TB!) then I battled Friday afternoon grocery store moms (but found a sale on diet Coke!) then battled more homecoming traffic back home. By then I was so hungry, frustrated, and annoyed, that I took a nap. I'm a good napper.

But then I woke up, showered, and went to go hear Bill Bryson talk. And he was funny and amusing and I'm so glad I went. Then I met a fellow, J, for a drink on Capitol Hill. He turned out to be a red-headed Jewish PhD candidate from Pittsburgh. He was taller than me and didn't have girly hands. He was funny in that self-deprecating academic way that only Jews and academics can be. In case you don't me at all, those are all very very good things, on my list of "People I want to spend time with."

So, I am now a happier girl than when I woke up. I am going to knit, watch Big Love, then read another chapter in the Biography of Elizabeth. Ahhh, life is good. Well, it's not so bad.

No comments: