Thursday, June 22, 2006

B'Hamsters

Hey everyone...head on over to Change of Shift and read what other nurses have to say out there... It couldn't have come at a better time for me, sometimes it just helps to know that others are out there, slogging through the same quagmire that you are :)

Thanks for you supportive comments, it means a lot to me. And to answer anonymous's questions...I talk to him constantly when I'm in the room, just mostly telling him what I'm doing, etc. If he seems really alert and looking at me, I'll remind him what day it is, what time it is, that his mom called and she loves him, that kind of stuff. Sometimes during his bath I'll talk about the movie that might be playing on the television, and if we're moving/turning him, I'm telling him that he's safe, he's okay, not too much longer, we're almost done. His family is there constantly during the day, but at night it's just me. Last night he seemed to sleep better (mmm...propofol) but the night before he was a awake for a long time. I finally had to tell him, "That's it, Billy, I'm turning off the sci-fi channel, you need to go to sleep!" Did you know Knight Rider is on at 4am? Awesome stuff.

Ok, gotta run. Off to beautiful Bellingham for the night, the unofficial "capitol of subdued excitement!"

No comments: