Friday, March 31, 2006

My eggs are quivering in fear


IMG_0241
Originally uploaded by rosebuttons.
I'm sure you're all wondering, where is Rosebuttons, why has she not blogged lately? If you're thinking, "Ah, she must have been called home to Planet Zuthar to complete her mission," as evidenced by the photo, you're close. Actually, I've just been at work...wearing a PAPR (powered air purifying respirator) in order to care for a patient receiving aerosolized ribavirin treatments for RSV pneumonia. The little pump, worn on that belt at my waist, blows purified air into my stylish white hood. And while the entire apparatus is attractive and convenient, I am actually wearing it because ribavirin is a known teratogen. It will make me have three-headed babies, or something equally undesirable.

Speaking of babies, (sorry, weird segue) I have fallen head over heels for this little fellow . I just need some rational reminders as to why having three dachshunds is just not a good idea. Because...well, look at him!! I could teach him commands by sign language! I've already been reading up on it! Argh.

No comments: