Sunday, August 19, 2007

Like a shark...

I am moving on, my contract at Private Suburban Community Hospital has ended, and instead of renewing I've decided to work closer to home. So tomorrow I'll be starting at Public Urban Hospital, or PUH. I ended up liking my time at PSCH, the other staff were so nice and warm and welcoming, the equipment was generally new and up-to-date, and the pace was fairly easy-going and straight-forward. But I refuse to drive over an hour each way to work in the fall, in the dark, in the rain....blah blah blah commutecakes. I was so happily and genuinely surprised that when I showed up for my last shift at PSCH, the other nurses had planned surprise potluck for me, gave me a card, some funny party gifts, and another nurse even came in on her day off to bring a cake with palm trees on it! It really was touching. Not touching enough to make me stay, because I am like sharknurse...move or die...heh. So, I keep moving on...

No comments: