Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Obligatory 2007 post

I hid on my couch and avoided any New Year's Eve celebrations this year, mostly because I was still sicky sniffly achey but also because I had decided not to succumb to the pressure of making plans, coordinating people, ensuring a good time, blah blah fish cakes. So Steph brought us some yummy pizza (with extra red sauce on the side, thank you!) and we watched Creature Comforts on the BBC, laughed at the goofy dogs, then parted well before midnight. Not a rockin' celebratory night by any stretch, but as comfortable (elastic waist pants were worn by all) and cozy as I needed. As Jodi said, it will turn into 2007 whether we celebrate it or not. And I figure that I've got a whole year of brand new exciting adventures ahead of me.

So lets see, is this where I'm supposed to make New Year's plans, or even resolutions? I think I'm going to pass on that one too. I've made enough plans (quit job, go to London, spend some months in Saudi Arabia, come home, get job back, buy a house, travel the world, buy myself a pony, etc) and resolutions only depress me because it forces me to think about what I want to change about myself instead of what I already pretty much like about myself. So, all by itself, with no lists or planning on my part, I think 2007 is going to change me and force me to look at and understand the world and myself in profoundly different ways. And hey, if I lose a few pounds in the process, that would be nice.

No comments: