Thursday, December 27, 2007

...

Woke up to this headline this morning: Bhutto Assassinated in Attack on Rally.
Admittedly, I didn't even click on it right away because in my blurry coffee-deprived eyes I thought it said something about another attempt. But this time they did succeed. She was the daughter of a prime minister of Pakistan and twice prime minister herself, one of the first to be democratically elected in an Islamic country. But you can read her obituary here for yourself.

While upsetting and sad, I am nearly as disturbed by the fact that this story ranks number 10 on the NYTimes "most emailed" stories list this morning...just below "100 Simple Appetizers in 20 Minutes or Less." No, I'm not worried or appalled at American's knowledge of world events or priorities. I am currently investigating which countries will accept my application for political asylum. On the grounds that if I have to remain in the USA I will be clinically "annoyed to death."

Ok, back to nursing content. Later.

No comments: